Bidya Upadhyaya Neupane
Election Area: Kathmandu-1
Kathmandu District Committee member of CPN-UML Bidya Upadhyaya Neupane was born on February 13, 1954 in Kathmandu. Daughter of Gangadhar Pokhrel and Krishnadevi Pokhrel, Bidya married Madhav Prasad Upadhyaya and has three sons and a daughter. She holds a Master's Degree in Economics and Bachelor's Degree in History and Nepali from Education Faculty. She is contesting from Kathmandu-1 in the CA Election 2013 representing CPN-UML.
Neupane began her political career in1969 from ANNFSU. Initially she was only a supporter but later she became actively involved with ANNFSU in 1975. Though she did not hold any posts in ANNFSU, she began serving the party in the District Committee after she began working in UML's sister organization All Nepal Women Association.
During her association with the ANWA, she served as undersecretary and secretary from 1999 till 2007. She took organized membership of the CPN-UML in 1995 and served in Area Committee and District Committee. In 2011, she became the UML's District Committee member.
She was nominated in Kathmandu Metropolitan City, Ward no. 10 in 1998. She is a member of Nepal Municipality Association's Women Department.
She is contesting in an election for the first time.
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
- Voting concludes in CA Election with about 70 pc voter turnout
- Four centenarians vote in Baitadi of far-west
- CPN-Maoist loot ballot boxes, voting postponed in Jumla
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.