Central member of UCPN-Maoist, Paras Mani Paudel was born on December 10, 1968 in Bhorletarar-7 of Lamjung to Bishwo Nath and Tika Devi Paudel. He hold MA, BL and B. Ed degree.
Taken membership of the CPN –Masal in 1986, he became vice-chairman of FSU of Prithvi Narayan Campus, Pokhara in 1992 for two years. Worked as the district chief of Nawalpasi and Syanja, Paudel worked as a battalion commissioner of Maoist’s combatants during the insurgency period. Arrested from Archalkot of Lamjung in 1998, he was kept behind the bar for five years.
Paudel, who was due for over five years in cantonment after the Comprehensive Peace Accord, opted for politics rather than army integration process and thus became central member.
Paudel, coordinator of Syanja District Working Committee, has transferred to Lamjung for the upcoming election. In 2008 CA election, CPN-UML stood 1st position while UCPN-Maoist stood to 3rd position in Lamjung-3, from where Paudel is contesting this time.
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
- Voting concludes in CA Election with about 70 pc voter turnout
- Four centenarians vote in Baitadi of far-west
- CPN-Maoist loot ballot boxes, voting postponed in Jumla
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.