Election Area: Surkhet-1
Kamala Sharma was born on July 32, 1962 in Katti-2, Dailekh to Dhani Ram and Mona Sharma. He has school level education. Commenced her political career in 1995, she became organized member of CPN-UML, member of Akhil Nepal Mahila Sangh Surkhet , women’s wing of UML.
Sharma was elected from Surkhet -1 in 2008 CA election with 18,804 votes. Her closest opponent Lal Bahadur Ghale (NC) trailed by 12,335 votes. Likewise, Khadk Bahadur Gharti (UCPN-Maoist) received 10,878 votes.
Sharma’s husband Rishi Ram Sharma was murdered during the election campaign of CA. So UML has given ticket for her candidacy in his place. She played active role in Committee for Determining the base of Cultural and Social Solidarity and Women Children and Social Welfare Committee in 2008 CA.
Sharma was the only one female CA, elected under FPTP from CPN-UML and became popular by slipper slapping to former Home Minister Purna Bhadur Khadka in the first CA meeting.
She has three sons.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.