Uddhav Thapa was born on November 30, 1957 in Arjundhara-4, Jhapa. He is the son of Yam Bahadur and Dammar Kumari Thapa and has two sons. He holds a Bachelor's Degree from the Management Faculty. He is contesting from Jhapa-4 in the CA Election 2013 representing Nepali Congress.
He came to politics in 1976 by joining Nepal Student Union and became Arjudhara Village Committee secretary in 1991. He was elected as regional chairman of Region no. 2 in the 8th general convention of Nepali Congress. He retained the post for another term.
The party's 10th general convention elected him as Jhapa District Working Committee secretary and was elected as district vice-chairman by the 11th convention. The 12th convention elected him as district chairman.
Thapa worked as a member of Jhapa District Development Committee's political mechanism. He also worked as Local Peace Committee - Jhapa's coordinator, president of Birtamod Bus Park Committee and president of Arjundhara Sanskrit Secondary School Management Committee for four years.
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
- Voting concludes in CA Election with about 70 pc voter turnout
- Four centenarians vote in Baitadi of far-west
- CPN-Maoist loot ballot boxes, voting postponed in Jumla
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.