Shesh Nath Adhikary was born on April 9, 1945 in Jogimara-7, Dhading. He is the son of Umanath Adhikary and Nanda Kumari Adhikary. He is a father of two sons and holds a Master's Degree in Political Science. He is contesting from Chitwan-2 in the CA Election 2013 representing Nepali Congress.
He went to Banaras, India in 1965/66 for studies but joined politics too after meeting with the Democratic Students Group. Currently he is NC's Mahasamiti member and had served as NC's Chitwan Distric president from 2003 till 2006. Adhikary was the president of the then Western Region no. 1 of Nepal Student Union in 1971/72. He began working as an active member of NC since 1973. Though he was defeated in the 1991 legislative election, Adhikary worked in close contact with BP Koirala. He worked as editor of Chhatra Pravah and Naya Paila magazines.
He was jailed for eight years on charge of bringing weapons during the coronation of then King Birendra. He was a candidate from PR system in the CA Election 2008.
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
- Voting concludes in CA Election with about 70 pc voter turnout
- Four centenarians vote in Baitadi of far-west
- CPN-Maoist loot ballot boxes, voting postponed in Jumla
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.