Nepali Congress district chairman Sanjay Kumar Gautam was born on April 26, 1963 in Gharbari Tole of Nepalgunj. Son of Kishor Kumar Gautam and RakshyaGautam, Sanjay currently lives with his family in Bardiya District headquarter Gulariya. He is contesting from Bardiya-2 in the CA Election 2013 representing Nepali Congress.
With a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, Gautam joined the Nepal Student Union in course of the student protests of 1979. After holding various posts, he is now the district chairman of NC and has remained in the post for the past two terms. During the vertical split of NC, Gautam did not join the dissident faction and was later unanimously chosen as district chairman after the party unification.
He had contested in the CA Election 2008 but lost. He was the ward president in 1993 and vied for the post of District Development Committee vice-chairman but lost by five votes.
He was jailed for three months during the student protest of 1979. He was again jailed during the people's movement in 2006.
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
- Voting concludes in CA Election with about 70 pc voter turnout
- Four centenarians vote in Baitadi of far-west
- CPN-Maoist loot ballot boxes, voting postponed in Jumla
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.