Sarba Dev Ojhaa defeated NC candidate , Sushil Koirala ( now chairman of NC) in the first Constituent Assembly Election of 2008 . Hailing from Parsohiya of Kapilvastu, he was born on March 3, 1959 to Shyam Dev and Kamala Ojhaa. He passed Master's Degree in Commerce.
Actively engaged in politics after madhes movement, he became the chairman of Banke District Working Committee of MJFN. He was appointed as a Minister for Women, children and Social Welfare by the government led by Madhav Kumar Nepal .
In the first Constituent Assembly Election of 2008, he was elected from Banke - 3 with 14,900 votes, defeating his closest opponent Parmanand Kurmi of UCPN- Maoist. Kurmi received 6,970 votes while another opponent Sushil Koirala of NC received 5,969 votes.
After the party split, he is now with Madeshi Janadhikar Forum( Loktantric) as the central member and is contesting upcoming CA election from Banke-3, representing Forum( Loktantric) .
His family includes three daughters.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.