Agni Prasad Sapkota was born on March 7, 1958 in Kubhinde-7, Sindhupalchowk. Son of Dhanapati Sapkota and Til Maya Sapkota, Agni Prasad has been in politics since the past 38 years. He is contesting from Sindhupalchowk-2 in the CA Election 2013 representing UCPN-Maoist.
With a Master's Degree in Sociology, Sapkota came into politics in 1975. He took the party membership in 1978 and served as the founder secretary of CPN (Fourth Convention) of Sindhupalchowk in 1980.
A teacher by profession, Sapkota fully dedicated himself to politics in 1992.
In the CA Election 2008, Sapkota was elected from Sindhupalchowk-2, defeating Subhas Karmacharya of CPN-UML by a margin of 20,112 votes. Sapkota received 30,175 votes while Karmacharya got 10,063 votes. Bhupendra Bahadur thapa of NC came third with 5,241 votes.
Also a former minister for information and communications, Sapkota is currently the party spokesperson of UCPN-Maoist. He is considered close to Prachanda.
Sapkota has been accused of murdering Arjun Lama of Kavre and had to reply in court on the case while he was in the government.
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
- Voting concludes in CA Election with about 70 pc voter turnout
- Four centenarians vote in Baitadi of far-west
- CPN-Maoist loot ballot boxes, voting postponed in Jumla
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.