A secretariat member of UCPN-Maoist’s State Committee, Netra Prasad Pandey was born on August 4, 1966 in Argharli, Palpa . Plunged into politics in 1979 from ANNFSU-5th, he is currently affiliated with UCPN-Maoist, after switching from CPN-ML, CPN-UML.
A graduate in Management Faculty, Pandey, along with some friends, initiated establishing CPN-ML’s unit in Jumla in1988, registering his name as a founding member. Leaving ten year long teaching profession in 1997, he joined CPN-UML in 1997.
He switched to CPN-Maoist in 1998 formally. After serving as a cell member, unit member and district committee, he took whole timer membership in 2001. He served as a district secretary during initial phase of the peace process.
Former district chairperson of Intellectual Association and company commissioner of Maoist’s combatants, Pandey lost from Palpa-3 in 2008 CA election. He has four daughters and a son.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.