Influential leader and founder of RPP, Keshar Bahadur Bista switched to RPP-Nepal last year, after the split of the party. Born on January 22, 1952 in Jharuwabasi of Lalitpur, Bista, ex-general secretary of RPP, plunged into politics in 1975. Followed by VDC pradhan panch in 1977, he served as an Assistant Minister in 1981, for the first time.
After a year service as a Pradhan Panch, Bista became district panchayat member in 1978, a national assembly member in 1981, an Assistant Minister for Education and Culture. Immediately after elected in 1986’s National Assembly, he was appointed as a Minister for Education and Culture. But he resigned from cabinet, showing moral ethics, after the death of 71 viewers at Dasarath Stadium in 1986, due to hurricane.
With fair image, Bista, after the restoration of democracy, also contested major elections except 1994 but lost all, including 2008 CA election.
Bista passed Master’s Degree in political sciences in 1976, with a gold medal and voluntarily taught in Patan Campus for some years, while serving as a Pradhan Panch . He is the son of sociologist cum lecturer Dor Bahadur Bista, who has been missing from one and half decade, and Narayani Bista.
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
- Voting concludes in CA Election with about 70 pc voter turnout
- Four centenarians vote in Baitadi of far-west
- CPN-Maoist loot ballot boxes, voting postponed in Jumla
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.