Hailing from Khalanga-3,Sheri, Rukum , Basant Sharma was born on March 29, 1975. He is the son of Gopi Lal and Bagmati Sharma and holds Proficiency Certificate Level in Humanity Faculty.
A central member of CPN_Maoist, Sharma joined politics from the students’ wing of CPN-Masal and took membership of the party in 1990. He served as a Rukum chairman of the students’ wing in 1993. He remained in underground from January, 1996 before the commencement of armed conflict period and became a district committee member.
Sharma served as a Rukum secretary in 2000 and a regional bureau member. Sharma, former in-charge at Special District, formed by CPN-Maoist accommodating Rolpa and some VDCs of Rukum, was assigned to Palpa in 2002.
Worked a year in Arghakhanchi during people’s movement, Sharma is continuously serving the party as a Palpa chief. Resident of Bhalakcha of Rukum, Sharma is contesting from Palpa-2 in the upcoming CA election.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.