Senior leader Hridayesh Tripathi was born on June 18, 1959 in Guneparseni-3 of Kathahawa. He is the son of Hari Shankar and Kunti Devi Tripathi.
A graduate in political science from the Institute of Oriental Science, Russia, Tripathi plunged into politics by joining the leftist movement in 1974. He is a clever player of the politics who practically enjoyed his existence in as many political parties as he can. His modest beginning in politics was from the Communist Party led by Keshar Jung Rayamajhi. He was with the Nepal Sadbhavana Party (Anandidevi), before he and Mahanta Thakur of the Nepali Congress broke away to form the Terai Madhes Democratic Party (TMDP) in the wake of the Madhes Andolan. He represented Nepal Sadbhavana Party (Anandidevi) in the dissolved House of Representatives.
In the first Constituent Assembly Election of 2008, he received 10,029 votes from Nawalparasi-6, defeating his closest rival NC’s Debkaran Kalawar . Kalawar received 9,856 votes while another opponent UCPN-Maoist’s Rahit Prasad Kewat received 5,749 votes.
Former vice chairman of TMDP and former deputy leader of parliamentary party, Tripathi was assigned with various portfolio of the cabinet in different time period. His political career includes two year underground life, 8 month exile and 21 month political prison.
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
- Voting concludes in CA Election with about 70 pc voter turnout
- Four centenarians vote in Baitadi of far-west
- CPN-Maoist loot ballot boxes, voting postponed in Jumla
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.