Bishnu Prasad Paudel
Election Area: Rupandehi-4
Former secretary of CPN-UML, Bishnu Prasad Paudel was born on November 20, 1959 in Putali Bazar-13 of Syanja to Devi Lal and Revati Paudel. With secondary school education, he joined politics in 1976.
Paudel, elected to 1994 parliament, was also elected in 2008 CA election from Rupendehi-5 with 15,880 votes, defeating his closest opponent Bhakti Prasad Pandey of CPN-Maoist. Pandey received 13,421 votes while another opponent Surya Prasad Pradhan of NC received 13,182 votes. He was with 2008 CA's thematic Committee for Determining the Form of Government.
Paudel served twice as a Minister. He was appointed as a Minister for Water Resources in 2009 and a Minister for Youth, Sports and Culture in 1996.
Paudel was taken to Bhairahawa jail in 1978 with three thousand rupees fine in charge of state of affairs after facing the case for 3 years. He revolted in the jail after 45 days comprehensive preparation.
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
- Voting concludes in CA Election with about 70 pc voter turnout
- Four centenarians vote in Baitadi of far-west
- CPN-Maoist loot ballot boxes, voting postponed in Jumla
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.