Chandra Maharjan was born on November 16, 1954 in Subahal, Lalitpur Sub-metropolitan City-8. He is the son of Chandra Man Maharjan and Buddhi Maya Maharjan. He has two sons and three daughters. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science. He is contesting from Lalitpur-2 in the CA Election 2013 representing Nepali Congress.
He began his political journey from CPN (Fourth Convention) in 1972 and is currently a representative of NC General Convention. Initially he was inclined to communist philosophy but joined NC after the referendum of 1980.
Having served as central member of NC's association of ethnic communities, Maharjan has also worked as district president. He was elected as deputy mayor of Lalitpur Sub-metropolitan City in 1992.
In the CA Election 2008, Maharjan was defeated from Lalitpur-2. He came second with 16,392 votes.
A brick kiln entrepreneur by profession, Maharjan is vice-president of Jyapu Samaj-Yala, general secretary of Ganeshman Singh Study Foundation and founder member of Rotary Club.
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
- Voting concludes in CA Election with about 70 pc voter turnout
- Four centenarians vote in Baitadi of far-west
- CPN-Maoist loot ballot boxes, voting postponed in Jumla
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.