Election Area: Kathmandu-10
CPN-UML's Kathmandu District Committee member Surendra Manandhar was born on August 29, 1974 in Kirtipur, Kathmandu. He is the son of Siddhi Lal Manandhar and Harimaya Manandhar. He has a son. He holds a Master's Degree in Constitutional Law. He is contesting from Kathmandu-10 in the CA Election 2013 representing CPN-UML.
He joined politics in 1975. The familial and social background guided him towards communist movement. He joined student protests from ANNFSU (Fifth) then. Beginning his political career from the Preliminary Committee of ANNFSU, Manandhar went on to become the organization's Foreign Department chief in 1999. He also worked as ANNFSU's Cultural Department chief in 1998 and Ethnic Department chief in 2000.
He was appointed as member of CPN-UML's Student Special Committee in 1997 while he was still associated with ANNFSU. He is a Kathmandu District Committee member since 2012.
Central member of Professional and Progressive Law Practitioners Association and secretary of the party's Valley Law Department, Manandhar is also involved in social works. He has donated blood 57 times.
Manandhar is contesting in an election for the first time.
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
- Voting concludes in CA Election with about 70 pc voter turnout
- Four centenarians vote in Baitadi of far-west
- CPN-Maoist loot ballot boxes, voting postponed in Jumla
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.